There’s just something about an 800 toll free number that screams “big business.” Whether they realize it or not, consumers associate toll free numbers with legitimacy and professionalism. Even consumers with unlimited data options through their phone providers are more likely to dial an 800 number than a local or toll number.
If you’re a business of any size hoping to project a professional, big-business appeal, you need an 800 phone number.
You may think getting an 800 number for your business is virtually impossible. However, AccessDirect still has a supply of available 800 numbers that will allow your customers to reach you without having to incur long-distance charges. You can buy a 1-800 number separately or include it as part of an innovative AccessDirect-hosted PBX phone system that will dramatically improve your small business’s telephone service. We work regularly with clients to help them understand how to get an 800 number.
Today’s 800-numbers offer small businesses many options to aid in brand-building, promotional tracking, customer and staff convenience, and more. It can, though, be tough to get an 800-number, primarily because virtually every business had identified the critical need for one. AccessDirect can help!
WHAT SETS ACCESSDIRECT’S 800-NUMBERS APART?
Not all phone service providers are created equal. We like to think that we lead the pack when it comes to providing a broad range of cutting-edge options at a very reasonable rate.
- For a true 800 number with an “800” prefix we charge a one-time $20 fee; otherwise, there is no fee for setup and no contracts. We also offer a wide selection of other toll-free numbers with more vanity and prime number availability: 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, and 833.
- We offer live, efficient customer service. When you call AccessDirect, you’ll reach a member of our professional, and friendly, customer service team—located in the United States.
- You can keep your existing number, ensuring customers, vendors and prospects will always be able to connect with you.
- We’ll help you create and record professional greetings for your callers, and offer the flexibility to add and change your messages at any time.
- We have a wide range of phone service options that you can use, along with your 800 number, to gain efficiencies and boost service to callers: like auto attendant, voicemail to email, fax to email, find me/follow me, professionally written and recorded greetings—and much more. We’re continually adding new services and new functionality to ensure our customers stay ahead of the curve with their customers!
Finally, you’ll appreciate our always-there service whenever you need it. We’re here to help and provide the support you need so you can focus on your high-priority business needs.
SOME BIG BENEFITS OF OFFERING 800-NUMBER OPTIONS
- A 1800 phone number can broaden your customer baseThere are plenty of people who won’t call a non-local business that doesn’t have a toll free number, either because they don’t want to pay for the call, or they think the company doesn’t value its customers enough to offer toll free service. When you make the wise business decision to buy a 1-800 number, you’ll stand a better chance of capturing this segment of the market and expanding your customer base. Having a 1-800 service in place will also enhance your customer retention efforts, as your customers won’t have to worry about paying for phone calls whenever they wish to place orders or need assistance.
- An 800 service helps you project a professional imageHaving only a local phone number can make a small business appear to be just that: a small-time operation. Getting an 800 number for your business is a great way to project a more professional “big company” image. Customers and prospects calling from outside your local area won’t know if you’re a one-person shop operating out of your garage or a huge corporation with thousands of employees. And when you add hosted PBX phone service from AccessDirect, your callers will receive a professional greeting and be automatically routed to the appropriate extension, just as when calling a large corporate entity.
- A small business 800-number can be made memorable with a customized toll free numberIf you’re like a lot of people, you probably have at least one or two 800 numbers embedded in your memory. That’s because many companies use their 1800 toll free numbers as a marketing tool that helps promote their brand. 1-800-PICK-UPS and 1-800-FLOWERS are two numbers that immediately come to mind. AccessDirect can help you acquire a customized toll free number for business use that will make your company more easily identifiable and memorable, while also helping you stand out in a crowded field of competitors.
- With 800 numbers for business, you can take your business with you wherever you goWhat happens if the growth of your small business creates the need to relocate, or you simply decide to set up shop in another part of the country? If you have a 1-800 number service, your phone number can move right along with you—even if you transfer your service to a new provider. Your loyal customers won’t have to learn and remember a new number, and you won’t give up the name recognition and value your existing 800 number has built over time.
800-NUMBERS AREN’T JUST 800 ANY MORE
The term 800-number used to be applicable to all toll free calls. But, as you probably recognize, that’s no longer the case. 1800 toll free numbers led the pack, but were soon followed by 888, 877 and 866 exchanges—and have most recently been joined by even newer exchanges like 855, 844 and 833. Why? Again because of the broad popularity of offering a toll free number for customers. While there are still some traditional 800-numbers available, they’re in short supply and can be challenging to attain (which is why AccessDirect has a $20 fee for those who wish to use one of these numbers).
There’s a benefit to these new exchanges, though. They provide a much deeper selection of vanity and prime numbers.
VANITY AND PRIME NUMBERS
A vanity number is a number that translates into a meaningful word or phrase related to the business or service offering. 1-800-FLOWERS is a popular, and familiar, example. The options, though, are virtually limitless. The key is to come up with something that will reflect your brand and resonate with your customers, and potential customers.
A prime number is memorable combination of numbers—1-800-123-4567, for example.
When using vanity or prime numbers, it’s important that they make immediate sense with your target audience. While 1-800-FLOWERS’ number is also their business name, in most cases small business owners are advised not to use their business name. Why? Because, chances are that your name is not yet widely enough known to be immediately recalled. Instead, you want to come up with some phrase or string of numbers that has meaning for your target audience. And, of course, you also need to come up with an option that is still available—which, we know, can be challenging.
With such a wide range of potential options available, it can be a bit overwhelming to select the right vanity or prime number for your business, especially one that will appeal to your customers and be easy for them to remember. AccessDirect can help you pick the right number based on our years of service and access to information on what numbers are currently available. We take out the hassle and add innovation with creative solutions that will work best for you!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1800 numbers drive business and revenue. There’s evidence to prove it!
Research from consulting firm BIA/Kelsey estimates that $1 trillion in consumer spending is influenced by phone calls at some point along the path to purchase. Additional research from Creative Broadcast Concepts and Mountain Marketing Group, focused specifically on toll-free vanity numbers and also showed some impressive gains for businesses using these popular communication channels. Creative Broadcast Concepts found that advertisers using a vanity number in their radio advertising received 58 percent more calls than those who didn’t. Mountain Marketing Group found that foll free vanity numbers boosted recall for consumers by up to 84 percent—and that these numbers performed nine times better than ads using numeric, non-prime numbers.
That’s some strong evidence to support the value of making an investment in an 800 number. But, there’s even more good news: it’s not a very big investment!
Today’s cloud-based phone system options mean that you don’t need any physical equipment or hardware in your facilities anymore. This offers a wide range of options—and reduces cost and administrative burdens. And, because your service—and your 800-number—sits in “the cloud,” it’s portable and can be accessed from anywhere. That means if you decide to relocate your business, or you’re out of town or on vacation, your number can come right along with you.
AccessDirect’s cloud-based telephone service offerings don’t require any investment in expensive equipment, and no long-term contracts. Our service and services speak for themselves!
Whether you’re looking to add a toll-free number to an existing service, or set up a new service to include a toll-free number, you’ve come to the right place!
GET YOUR SMALL BUSINESS 800 NUMBER TODAY!
There is a limited supply of available 800 numbers, so don’t delay. To learn more about how to get a 1800 number call AccessDirect at 877-599-6500 today! (In case you didn’t notice, that’s a toll-free number!)