10 Daily Habits to Make You A Better Owner
Small business owners often wear many hats, and the typical workday can involve everything from sales and customer service to inventory management and bookkeeping. Executing this challenging but necessary juggling act can make it difficult to remain focused and productive. However, by engaging in the following 10 habits and implementing them on a daily basis, you stand a better chance of getting the most out of every precious minute and maximizing the success of your business venture:
- Getting and staying organized: Successful small business owners implement systems that save time and allow them to work effectively and efficiently.
- Planning: Planning goes hand-in-hand with organization. The simple act of creating a to-do list for each day can serve as an extremely valuable planning tool when preparing your priorities and schedule.
- Developing self-discipline: As a small business owner, you are your own boss, which can make staying disciplined a challenge. Practicing yoga or mediation on a daily basis can help you develop the self-control you need to stay on task and avoid distractions.
- Attending to clients’ needs: The best small business owners find time every day to reach out to clients and ensure their needs are being met.
- Changing things up: Take a moment each day to think about how you can take a fresh approach to the mundane activities that are part of every business.
- Embracing innovation: Spend a little time each day researching industry trends and determining ways you can incorporate them into your business operation if applicable.
- Transforming downtime into uptime: Do you spend a lot of time on the road traveling to and from appointments? Listening to educational audio recordings in your car can increase your business acumen and maximize unproductive downtime.
- Involving the team: Small business owners can become so focused on their own goals that they fail to pay attention to their team. Ensure your staff remains engaged by holding a brief daily meeting.
- Delegating: As your small business grows, you’ll have less time to devote to every area of your business. Make a habit of delegating some of your routine daily tasks to other members of your team.
- Taking time for yourself: It’s easy to become consumed by a small business, which can lead to burnout. It’s important for small business owners to make time on a daily basis for family, hobbies, exercise or simply relaxing.
How Can a Phone System Help You Increase Productivity?
Implementing an advanced small business telephone system can help you achieve your objectives in many of the areas listed above. For instance, your phone system can handle incoming calls that would otherwise be taken by you or your staff, which enables everyone to spend more time on productive activities. Calls can be directed to the appropriate staff member, allowing for more efficient service to your clients. With the amount of time your phone system saves, you’ll have more time to spend away from your business.
Contact AccessDirect to learn more about how an innovative small business phone system can increase your daily productivity.