Find the Business Phone Services that are Right for You
How do you Begin?
Whether it’s just you offering your product or service, or you have a small army of colleagues working with you, you need to find just the right mix of features vs. costs to make your business phone services an asset to your company. What’s the best small business phone service for you and how do you get started?
Consider the following questions:
- What features do you need from your business phone service? Most people want voicemail, call forwarding to other devices and fax capability. Do you also need conferencing, “find me/follow me” technology, paging, or email notification?
- Will you be expanding your business in the near future? Adding Staff? If so, you’ll need look at how easily you can add people and services to your local business phone service.
- Do you need/want to keep your existing phone number(s)?
- Is it important to use your smart phones to connect to a company database to check inventory, or customer records when you’re out of the office?
- Do you need an automated attendant to answer and direct calls?
- Is it important to have personal, customer service that handles changes and configures the system?
What Types of Business Phone Services are Available?
Analog vs. Digital: Analog is the good, ‘ole-fashioned service that’s been used for decades. It offers clear voice quality, basic features and reliable phones. However, that’s about where it ends. It’s expensive to change locations, to integrate with your software solutions and doesn’t offer today’s advanced phone features.
Centrex Business Phone Service: In a Centrex system, the phone company owns and maintains all the equipment and handles all call routing. It allows you to have internal extensions that can be dialed with 3 or 4 digits, and have your phones share multiple outgoing lines, which saves money. You don’t pay for equipment or staff, but it isn’t easy to expand or add advanced features.
VoIP PBX Systems: VoIP stands for “Voice over Internet Protocol” and allows your calls to travel over a data network. This digital solution adds flexibility to your system and opens up a world of advanced call features for your users. It can carry audio, video and instant messaging communications on one network.
Hosted VoIP PBX Systems: In this version of the VoIP system, your business phone service software and equipment is owned and maintained by a 3rd party that sells the service to you, like AccessDirect. We partner with you to set up your system, make changes and updates as needed and provide all the customer support. We offer professionally recorded greetings to enhance your image and stay up-to-date on the latest technology. Because you’re using out network with built-in back-up, you never have to worry about a power-outage interrupting your service or a disaster-recovery solution.
Large Company or Enterprise Solutions: Cloud-based business phone systems enable you to centralize your communications across multiple locations. They offer very high reliability with redundant processors in the event of a disaster and offer all the advanced phone features you need.
We’re happy to help and pride ourselves on our personalized customer service to assist you in finding the business phone services that are right for you. Please call 877-599-6500 or contact us to speak to a phone service specialist for more information.