A PBX Phone System Doesn’t have to be Complicated
Big Company or Small, there’s a Virtual PBX System that’s Right for You
If the time has come to upgrade your business’s phone system, you’re probably discovering that there is no shortage of options on the market. So which type of phone system is best for your organization? Companies of all sizes are making a PBX phone system their choice for improving business communications, while also getting a cost-effective solution that can save money in the long run.
A PBX (Private Branch Exchange) routes your incoming calls to the appropriate extension and connects internal extensions within your company. You can configure your PBX phone system to be company-owned and maintained or hosted for you with a firm like AccessDirect providing the technology and support. A PBX phone system is also capable of meeting the communication requirements of large and small businesses alike.
4 Major PBX System Types
- Traditional PBX SystemsThis is the original system that uses landlines to make and connect calls. You may already have this in place along with the technical staff to maintain it.
- VoIP PBX SystemsAn IP PBX doesn’t limit the number of lines you have, but you will be installing your own network. If you want direct control over an in-house system, this might be for you.
- Hosted PBX SystemThis is a popular option for many businesses. Your hosted PBX phone system is located off-site, maintained by a VoIP provider and you pay a monthly fee for the service. There is no up-front investment in equipment and no maintenance staff required.This can be especially beneficial for a smaller company with limited IT manpower and resources.
- Virtual PBX SystemVirtual PBX phone systems offer a Web-based communication solution. In this case, the hosted PBX is cloud-based and offers the same benefits of the hosted version, using the internet to route calls.
How do you Choose a PBX Telephone System?
How can you be sure if traditional, VoIP, hosted or virtual PBX systems are the best choice for your company? Here are some questions to ask:
- Do you want to keep your current phone number?Most companies that have an established business phone number that their customers already know or they have printed on marketing materials, would like to keep their number, and this is possible with AccessDirect.
- Is it important for you to have local phone numbers in various markets?You can establish a local presence in many locations and not even be located there. For example, you can appear to have an office in New York City and be located anywhere in the US.
- Do you want to work from any location?With a virtual phone system your callers are able to connect with you no matter where you are located.
- Do you already have telephone support staff?If the answer is yes, it will make their jobs easier, but it may eliminate the need for a receptionist all together.
- What back-up plan is in place for power outages?A disaster recovery plan is a great reason to use a PBX system. It ensures that all of your voicemails and faxes are not lost in case of a disaster.
- Will you be adding additional staff in the near future?Whether or not you are adding staff, it is important to know that these phone systems are designed to grow with your company no matter how big or small you are.
- Do you have multiple offices and need phones at multiple desks?With one of our phone systems you will have the ability to connect multiple offices with a numbers of extensions at each location. We can call out to any phone number, no matter if it is a landline or cell phone.
- Do you anticipate needing additional call features or upgrades?Call features are key to making your system work best for you. At AccessDirect we are always looking to stay current with the latest phone technology features to provide our customers.
WHY WORK WITH ACCESSDIRECT?
In addition to a high quality PBX phone system, AccessDirect works to make sure you benefit from:
- No term contracts or long-term commitments
- Superior customer service before and after the sale
- No initial set-up fees for your virtual PBX system
- Capability of tying your phone numbers and staff together
- Cost-effective PBX system solutions that can boost your productivity and improve your bottom line