It’s difficult enough to try and answer every business call you receive in a day. The calls that go to voicemail have traditionally been taken care of “when you can get around to it” – and even then, you must go through all your messages one at a time while listening on the phone, skipping through solicitations or low-priority calls just to get to the important voicemails from potential new customers or loyal current ones. By the time you’ve gotten through those messages to make your priority callbacks, you may have lost a customer.
That’s where a convenient voicemail transcription service feature like the one AccessDirect provides can help. With voice to email text transcription, you can easily read your caller’s message right from your inbox, quickly determining which messages need immediate attention right as the message is left instead of trying to sift through all your voicemails in a single sitting. It’s the expedient way to prioritize your time and ensure your important calls get the prompt attention they deserve.
Wondering how to get voicemail transcription service? Just use AccessDirect! Free voice to text transcription is included in all of our plans for phone call answering services – from our Direct Messaging single voicemail box solution, to our Direct Receptionist auto attendant products, you’ll always have your voicemail at the tips of your fingers.
What Is Voicemail Transcription?
So what is voicemail transcription? Simply put, it’s a service that will reproduce your recorded voicemail into plain text, allowing you to read at a glance what your caller’s message was about. Traditionally, there have been 2 options to utilize this kind of feature.
- Human Transcription: With a human voicemail transcription service, recorded messages from your callers are intercepted by a live operator and transcribed by hand. While these services can typically boast of high accuracy, there are some concerns – namely privacy (especially concerning confidential messages), cost (most of these services start around $1 per minute), and turnaround time (1 to 12 hours after the message is left).
- Computer-Generated Transcription: A computer-generated or digital voicemail transcription service will typically have slightly lower accuracy than a human transcriber would, but without the privacy concerns associated with having a stranger listening to your messages. Voice to text transcription is also typically much less expensive, and messages are transcribed and sent to you mere minutes after a message is left.
How To Have Your Voicemail Transcribed
Want to know how to have your voicemail transcribed? With AccessDirect, it’s easy! Our accurate voicemail transcription app automatically transcribes your messages as they come in. You don’t have to worry about having to install complicated programs on your company’s computers. Plus, there’s no additional charge for this feature – free voicemail transcription service is included in all our plans.
Free voicemail transcription isn’t the only benefit of AccessDirect’s voicemail-to-email service. We offer professionally recorded voicemail greetings at no additional charge, based on the script you provide us. An MP3 copy of the voicemail will also be provided to your email with the transcription, allowing you to listen to the message at your convenience. We can also send a text notification whenever a message is left as well, so you can ensure you’ll always be connected to your callers.
Voicemail Transcription: Key Benefits
Still not sure whether voice to text transcription is a good fit for you and your business? Consider these benefits of our voicemail transcription app:
- Access to messages on multiple platforms. Gone are the days where the only way to retrieve your voicemails is to call in to your mailbox. With AccessDirect’s voicemail to email transcription service, you can retrieve your messages via email, text, or through our convenient online dashboard or mobile app.
- Review messages discreetly at any time. Stuck in a meeting? In a situation where you can’t duck out to listen to a message? With voice to email text transcription, you can always easily review your messages without having to call in to listen to them.
- No more rewinding to get details. We’ve all had calls where we must listen to a message 2 or 3 times to write down the details of the call – the caller’s name, their contact info, their reason for calling, etc. With a voicemail transcription service, that work is already done for you.
- Prioritize callbacks. At a quick glance, you’ll immediately know whether the call you missed is a big sales opportunity or an unwanted solicitation and can plan out your return calls accordingly.
- Confidentiality. With human transcription, you won’t know how many people will be listening in to your messages and hearing private information – either about your business or your personal life. With an automated transcription process, the only person who will be hearing your messages is you.
How To Get Voicemail Transcription
AccessDirect offers voicemail transcription service with all our plans, from our single voicemail box Direct Messaging plans, to our robust full auto attendant Direct Receptionist small business solutions. And not only is voicemail transcription included, but we’ll record your voicemail greetings for free – all we need from you is a script with what you’d like the recording to say.
Find out more about how to take advantage of our voicemail to email transcription service by contacting us today. We’d be happy to let you know not only how to get voicemail transcription, but how it can benefit your specific company.