In a medical clinic or physician’s office, you want to convey confidence and professionalism in everything you do. That starts the moment a patient calls you. if they are faced with busy signals, unanswered calls, or unhelpful staff, it reflects poorly on you and your ability to run an efficient, organized practice.
AccessDirect’s healthcare phone systems can help. To solve this problem, we built an affordable, automated healthcare phone answering system that helped prioritize incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate desk, surgical centers, walk-in clinics, and more. If you deal with a high volume of incoming calls, or if you simply want to present a more professional face to the world, we offer a wide range of medical office answering services and packages that can be customized to your needs.
Case Study: A Florida Psychiatrist Benefits From Automation
AccessDirect was recently contacted by the office of Dr. Veronica Motiram, whose five-physician practice in Boynton Beach, Florida had been suffering from spiraling costs and poor patient satisfaction due to its overworked reception staff. To solve this problem, we built an affordable, automated answering system that helped prioritize incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate desk. We also provided value-added features their old system didn’t offer, such as caller ID, email-to-voicemail and more.
After setting up our healthcare phone system, Dr. Motiram’s office determined that up to 80% of calls were to confirm, change, or cancel appointments. This led to the creation of an online appointment management platform that further reduced the volume of incoming calls, freeing up administrative staff to serve patients with more pressing needs.
With AccessDirect’s medical office phone system, Dr. Motiram’s office was able to cut costs, improve service, and increase patient satisfaction — valuable benefits for any industry, but all the more important for a psychiatric practice where taking care of people is key.
AccessDirect’s medical phone answering services are easy to customize. With our products, you can:
- Set up a virtual receptionist to direct incoming calls to the appropriate department
- Consolidate multiple locations under a single phone number, or set up local numbers in different areas so your patients can call in toll-free
- Convert voicemail messages to text or email
- Send and receive faxes from any computer
We are proud to offer some of the most advanced technology at an affordable price. Best of all, because all medical phone services are delivered over a virtual, cloud-based PBX, there’s no need to purchase additional equipment or infrastructure. As long as you have a high-speed internet connection, you’re ready to go!
Patients rely on healthcare answering services to provide important help when they need it. An AccessDirect healthcare phone system has the features you need to help you offer the best care:
- After-hours capabilities. With AccessDirect medical phone answering services, an auto attendant can forward emergencies to a doctor. A patient calling this healthcare phone system just needs to choose the emergency option or a “contact an on-call doctor” option and the auto attendant can route the call correctly. With call forwarding, the system can automatically route such calls to cell phones of doctors on call.
- Automated systems. The auto attendant takes care of basic call answering duties, freeing receptionists at your busy clinic to handle more important tasks related to patient care.
- Information boxes. Often, patients call with the same questions. Automated announcement information boxes on our healthcare answering service allow you to record messages about clinic hours, doctor information, instructions for becoming a patient, directions to your clinic and more. When patients call, they have this information at their fingertips and your team saves time by not having to address these same issues repeatedly.
- Voicemail boxes and extensions. An AccessDirect healthcare phone system makes it easy for patients to reach the right doctor or department through a phone menu. Whether you have a team practice or multiple services to offer, you can set up the departments and extensions based on your specific needs.
What Does the Medical Auto Attendant Do?
An AccessDirect auto attendant can handle high call volumes at your clinic or medical practice. When patients call your practice, they are not placed on hold, nor will they ever hear a busy signal. Instead, the medical phone service answers their call in a timely fashion with a consistent greeting of your choice. You can even use your greeting message to remind patients that if they have a medical emergency, they should hang up and call 911.
Instead of being placed on hold, patients can choose from the menu to have their call directed appropriately. They may be forwarded to a department or even someone’s cell phone. If the person they are trying to reach is with another patient, they can leave a voicemail. The auto attendant is never absent from their desk and always greets patients reliably and professionally.
A healthcare phone system from AccessDirect can work for::
- Doctor’s offices
- Home health care organizations
- Hospice services
In fact, any medical practice may be able to benefit!
Contact AccessDirect to Get Started Today
To find out how one of our customized medical phone answering services can benefit your practice, keep browsing our website or contact us today. As a small business, we specialize in meeting our customers’ needs, whether you work in a small medical office or any other size or type of healthcare setting.
With AccessDirect, there’s no initial fee and no contracts to sign. You can even keep your old number, so there’s no confusion or interruption in service. If you’re in the market for a sophisticated medical phone answering service for a medical office, make AccessDirect your first choice for value, quality, and professionalism.