Virtual PBX for Business
Businesses today have many options when it comes to the technology they use to perform tasks, but since communications is the backbone of business success, extra consideration should be given when selecting International Virtual PBX business phone technologies.
Cisco recently released the latest version of its Visual Networking Index forecast, which indicated that global business IP traffic, which encompasses regular Web usage, data backup and VoIP, will nearly triple between 2012 and 2017. The report also projected business Internet video traffic to increase by more than 500 percent in the same time, and Channel Partners reported that in 2012 alone, business internet video traffic increased 52 percent.
While video made up 31 percent of all business Internet traffic in 2012, Cisco expects this to reach 58 percent by 2017. Channel Partners explained that these increases can be attributed to the growing number of business Internet users. Business mobile users make the growth even more substantial, this figure was observed at 495 million in 2012 and is expected to reach 565 million by 2017.
Even so, Channel Partners noted that the portion of all Internet traffic from businesses will decrease as consumer use increases. Roughly 20 percent of monthly total global IP traffic came from business users last year, leaving the remaining 80 percent of traffic from consumers. By 2017, Cisco expects businesses to make up 18 percent of total IP traffic, with consumers making up the remaining 82 percent.
As this is the digital age, it makes sense that businesses would make heavier use of the internet, turning to VoIP solutions to cut costs associated with communications. TheDigest.com recently outlined the top ways that businesses can save with VoIP, particularly in regard to business trips.
“The good old business trip with its one-serving toothpaste and fold-out ironing board becomes a lot more interesting and high-tech when companies start using virtual PBX technology,” the source stated. “Businesses that use VoIP phone service for traveling employees are using the most modern, cheapest method of staying in contact with their remote workforce.”
Global Virtual PBX continues to permeate all industries
As businesses and consumers around the globe utilize the Internet for many purposes, small and medium-sized business decision makers should further evaluate what these emerging trends will mean for their company. For example, as more businesses leverage virtual phone systems, SMBs could consider implementing a virtual PBX software system from AccessDirect, which utilizes VoIP technology to provide clear calls at an affordable rate.
As an example of just how prevalent this technology has become, TechTarget recently reported that the United States is deploying a next-generation upgrade for its 911 emergency systems, shifting to an IP network at some point in the next decade. This major upgrade helps to illustrate how VoIP technology has matured and become increasingly reliable, as the U.S. is now comfortable with the idea of using it to support crisis communications.
With affordable options like AccessDirect’s Virtual PBX for business, any company can enjoy the benefits of VoIP global phone solutions. In addition to significant savings and improved call quality, AccessDirect solutions leverage VoIP to provide a wealth of additional features to improve the way people communicate. With enhanced functionality like a professional answering service, business voicemail and auto attendant, communications are always enterprise-grade and reliable. With reliable communications solutions in place, SMBs can better achieve their goals and successfully grow.