The Best Apps to Improve Your Company’s Operations
As a business owner, you wear a seemingly endless number of hats. You’re an independent entrepreneur and leader. You’re the head of finance and human resources. You’re in charge of the virtual PBX system, and it is your duty to keep the break room fully stocked. You’re the face of your business and are responsible for not just your success, but your employees’ success as well.
With you filling so many roles and having so many different responsibilities, it can be hard for any entrepreneur to stay on top of everything, especially when they’re away from the office. Luckily, many business apps have been developed in recent years that make it easier for you to run your business no matter where you’re currently located.
The Best Financial and Accounting Apps
For many business owners, staying current with their company’s finances and accounting functions is one of the most challenging things they have to do. To take and retain control of your finances and accounting, consider using one of these helpful apps:
- Gusto: Gusto is the app that used to be called ZenPayroll. If you have employees, this is one of the best apps you can use to streamline the processing of your payroll, taxes, and benefits. For a low monthly fee, Gusto handles your tax filings on local, state, and federal levels.The app also automatically makes payroll deductions for things such as employee benefits and workers’ compensation, and it sends electronic pay stubs to employees via email.
- QuickBooks: QuickBooks is a fantastic app for staying on top of your company’s finances. You can use this app to track your revenues and expenses and view financial statements quickly. You can also use QuickBooks to process your payroll, track your outstanding invoices, and upload information from all of your financial accounts regardless of how many separate accounts you have. QuickBooks is so versatile that you can even use your smartphone to upload photos of your receipts.
The Best Time Management Apps
Do you have trouble keeping track of your schedule, or do you wonder where the time went by the end of the day? These apps can help you keep your appointments organized and give you a better idea of how you really spend your time every day:
- Clear: Clear is one of the most user-friendly apps you can use to manage your daily tasks. You can create different to-do lists, schedules, and reminders so you never miss an important meeting or forget to complete a task.Clear is gesture-controlled, meaning you can pull, pinch, and swipe your tasks and scheduled events as each day progresses. Clear will automatically sync your lists, schedules, and reminders across several devices, including your Mac computer, iPhone, and Apple Watch.
- RescueTime: If you look back on your day and wonder how you spent your time, RescueTime can help. Compatible with Mac, PC, Android and Linux, RescueTime tracks the amount of time you spend using different apps and websites and creates detailed reports of your activities. You can use this information to learn how you really spend your time and identify things you can do differently to use your time more efficiently.If you get the premium version of RescueTime, you’ll be able to use the app to block websites that have a tendency to distract you from your work.
The Best Communication Apps
As a business owner, you know that communication is the key to your success. You can use these apps to stay in touch, no matter where you are:
- Fuze: This videoconferencing app enables you to meet with your employees or clients face-to-face from anywhere. With the app’s high-definition video and crystal clear audio, every meeting attendee will be able to see and hear everything that’s said and done during the meetings you host using Fuze.No matter what kind of device or operating system you use, you can use Fuze to meet with your associates while you’re away from the office.
- AccessDirect Mobile App: Compatible with iPhone and Android devices, the AccessDirect mobile app is the most effective tool our customers can use to manage the accounts they have with us. Our intuitive app makes it easy for you to manage phone numbers, notifications and much more — all from your mobile devices.Through our app, you can have access to your messages at your fingertips. The voicemails are available on your dashboard, along with our voicemail to text automated transcriptions. It will display your most recent call activity, so you have a quick snapshot of your business call traffic on any given day.
When you have our app, you don’t even have to be anywhere near your office to view the faxes you get because our app makes them available to you regardless of your location. If you want to start enjoying the built-in conveniences our mobile app offers, contact AccessDirect to set up an account with us today.