The Cloud is the Future of Business Communication
Preparing for the future is an important part of business success. Putting in the systems for flexibility and change now ensure that you can adapt more readily when technology changes. It helps keep you ahead of the pack and helps make transitions a little smoother.
You may already have a cloud-based or virtual phone number — but what does the future hold for VoIP technology and communications? Here are some of the biggest trends to keep an eye on:
- Internet Connectivity This is actually an old trend, but it’s one that will continue into the future. About 26 billion objects will be internet-based or connected to the internet by 2020, according to estimates. In the future, this means smartphones may be used to set up work desks, turn office lights on and off, complete remote tasks, and more.Some of this is already happening with smart homes and smart offices, and this trend is likely to continue. Anything with an on-off switch and anything with power may eventually be linked to the internet.
- VoIP Mobility VoIP will become more mobile as hosted services struggle to keep up with the strain as additional products are being linked to the internet and communication systems take off. If you’re not already using VoIP technology, you likely will be or you will be using a hosted service using this technology. This might be a great time to make the switch.
- App Integration Application programming interfaces (APIs) and cloud-based technology will mean a further trend towards integration of various apps, allowing users to do more with fewer tools. The trend towards simplifying will mean users of VoIP and apps will more easily be able to use their social media, calendars, marketing tools, and business tools from one technology or one location in a synced fashion. The practice of looking up multiple programs for multiple uses is slowly fading.
- Security and Control As businesses rely increasingly on technology, security breaches have become more common, costing companies billions of dollars as well as lost credibility. There is no indication that security threats will diminish over time, meaning companies need to take measures now to ensure their online and VoIP systems are secure and safe for themselves and their customers.
- Learn More at AccessDirect Are you ready for the future of VoIP technology? If your phone system is outdated, contact AccessDirect for advanced technological features and flexible, secure phone solutions. We can help upgrade your current phone system to meet the new demands of today’s current business needs.AccessDirect is a small business itself and understands the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises. We offer industry-specific solutions to help you meet your needs, and we keep our solutions budget-friendly so you can get great technology without having to harm your cash flow. In addition, we offer robust advanced features such as an auto attendant, fax to email, voicemail to email, and more.One of the biggest challenges with technology is trying to adapt to changes — especially if you don’t have a strong technological background. AccessDirect makes it easy to update your phone system as needed. You can change the outgoing message, adjust the number of departments and extensions you have, and control your settings even if you don’t have a strong IT background. AccessDirect is always available if you need help. We want to make sure you always have a partner in good communications.