Stand Out In A Crowded Marketplace With A Professional Phone System
As a freelancer or home business owner, you know the importance of making smart investments in technology. There’s a good chance that a not-insignificant amount of research went into finding the best laptop, best accounting software, or best data storage solution for your office. But what about your business phone? Not all phone services are the same. Choosing a customizable, scalable service will help you stay productive while remaining accessible to clients, enabling you to put your best face forward whenever someone tries to reach you.
What to Look for in a Business Phone System
For most home-based businesses, a voice over IP (VoIP) system will offer better performance and more flexibility than a landline. Cloud-hosted VoIP systems are:
- Professional: The right VoIP phone system, with features such as auto attendant and virtual receptionist, will give your business a more polished, professional appearance. Whether you’re working out of your basement or even a local coffee shop, a virtual phone system can make it seem like you’re in a large office, with multiple departments and extensions. This gives new clients peace of mind and levels the playing field between you and your more established competitors.
- Convenient: As a freelancer, you’re frequently on-the-go, meeting with clients, hustling for jobs, or taking other steps to grow your business. However, those efforts won’t deliver the results you want unless you’re accessible to clients. With a cloud-based phone system, you are reachable at all times. You also have the option of using the same number on your office and mobile phone, eliminating confusion and making it easy to stay connected to the people who will help you succeed.
- Sophisticated: VoIP phone systems put a range of advanced tools right at your fingertips. These include voicemail transcription and voicemail-to-email messaging, find me/follow me services that automatically route incoming calls where they need to go, mobile account management, and more. In a cloud-hosted VoIP phone system, these and other features are added virtually, meaning there is no need to invest in additional hardware. It also means you can configure your service with the exact combination of features you need to work effectively.
- Scalable: As your business grows and your phone needs evolve, a VoIP system provides the flexibility to adapt to changing times. Adding new numbers, features, or lines is easy and economical. If you’re expanding into new territories, a VoIP system lets you add a local number where customers can reach you without long-distance fees — you don’t even have to be located in the area, as calls can be routed to your headquarters instantly.
- Cost-effective: Cloud-based phone solutions are the most economical way for home businesses and freelancers to take advantage of sophisticated, productivity-enhancing features. As noted above, there’s no need to purchase expensive hardware or set up a dedicated server in your home office. Because you can customize your package, you don’t pay for features you don’t need, either.
Whether you want a streamlined, affordable phone service that helps you stay in touch with your customers or an advanced system with smart functionality, AccessDirect can help. We offer a wide range of services and plans — all of which are customizable to your specifications.
As a small business ourselves, we know the importance of taking the time to get things right. We’ll work closely with you to refine your system based on your feedback and provide training and support while you learn how to navigate its features. Compare our pricing and our features to other home business VoIP systems, and you’ll see the benefits of working with AccessDirect. Contact us to request a quote today.