2018 Cloud Computing Trends to Take Advantage Of
Cloud computing trends and tech trends for 2018 are expected to build on the growth and innovation we’ve seen in 2017. Here are five of the big trends to keep your eye on this year.
- Growth in Cloud Services SolutionsCloud computing saw its star rise in 2017, a trend that will continue in the following year. As enterprises and individual customers see the security and other advantages of storing data on the cloud instead of on more vulnerable storage devices, cloud computing will continue to be the standard for storage.Software and service solutions and commercial cloud services provide flexibility, mobility, and secure backup, as well as easy access to data, services, and information. In 2018, increasingly more services and products will be available on the cloud or virtually, and storing data on the cloud will become standard.
- Increased Data StorageAs cloud computing becomes more widespread, the need for more data storage space will also increase. Services aimed at storing and organizing data to help consumers manage massive quantities of information will likely take off in 2018.
- The Internet of Everything (IoE)The internet of everything (IoE) and artificial intelligence are expected to change how machines communicate with each other, and even how people communicate. Devices linked together in a network can create smart homes and smart businesses where multiple functions are automated, remote controlled, and easily accessible to everyone. Far beyond allowing companies to turn off their lights remotely, this technology allows them to have more control over all the devices in their business.In addition, companies are developing technologies that will allow humans to use devices to interact with the environment and each other in new ways. For example, glasses that allow people to see and capture data and ear buds designed to translate spoken languages on the fly are in development.
- Enhanced Internet Quality5G is the new wireless broadband solution promising to increase speeds up to three times over 4G. This fifth-generation broadband technology works with a 5Ghz signal and is expected to offer better Internet access and increased mobility for users in 2018 and beyond. Worldwide, Internet access is expected to continue to expand into remote and new areas.
- Emerging Security MethodsHigh-profile hacks like the Equifax hack of 2017 are nudging organizations to get more serious about security than ever before. Carefully designed security plans will be used to aggressively target and minimize the risk of hacks, malware, and other security issues. At the same time, fraudsters will likely continue to attack government and private enterprises, hoping to secure sensitive information and seeking to steal money.
Stay on Top of Tech Trends, With No IT Department Required
At AccessDirect, our cloud communications make reaching employees and clients easy. Our automated phone solutions allow you to make the most out of cloud-based computing by giving you remote access to your phone systems. When customers call you, they’re greeted by a professional automated voice attendant directing them to the right department. Phone calls always go through the automated attendant, so you can review them at your leisure or have them forwarded to your mobile device when you’re on the go.
With us, you never have to worry about dropped calls or other expensive and difficult problems you may experience with a traditional phone system. To start taking advantage of cloud communications and see just how powerful AccessDirect solutions can be, try a free demo today! Or, contact us to set up your account and learn about our other plans.